Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving 08

This year we were planning to stay home for Thanksgiving, but last minute we decided to go to Vegas to see my family. Partly because we knew we would miss being with our family for the holiday, but I think it was mostly because we all knew that if I had to cook the whole dinner by myself it would be a pretty big let down!
Anyways, we are so glad we went because it was a really fun trip. The weather was great and the company was better. Dean's parents drove down from St. George on Friday to spend the day with us, and we were happy to be able to see them.
The girls stayed busy cooking, playing and painting. On the way home we drove through Lake Havasu City where they have the London Bridge and of course the lake. The kids were all excited to stop and play in the sand a little...except for Carson, he wasn't a big fan of the cold sand. The best part was that the kids were awesome in the car! Thanks to Grandpa and the rest of our family for making it such a fun time, we are so grateful for family and especially for the love they give to our kids.

Autumn on the London Bridge stairs

Lanie painting her jewelry box

Pumpkin pie

Sadly, we burned half the chocolate, but Lanie didn't seem to mind

The London Bridge

with Baby C

Carson protesting the mud

9 comments:

Jeni Everett said...

I cannot believe you are going to be in St.George for Thanksgiving. We are going to be here. It's too hard to take all the presents down, blah, blah, blah. We are going to start our own traditions. Not to mention, Tom has some weird days off. I am just sad that you will be so close! Maybe we could meet up in Vegas next year!~

Melisa said...

It was so good to talk to you today. I think you are so great and am so glad we are friends. Thanks for always having good stories for me and making me laugh:)

Angela said...

it sure was good to see you guys over Thanksgiving! I hope your ride home wasn't as bad of traffic as your way up here.

Cecy said...

I saw your comment and thought maybe you have some new pictures, yeah! You have even better weather than we do I'm sure! It is raining today. Your thanksgiving looked fun. We miss you too and wish you were moving back to Albuquerque! Maybe at some point we will end up in the same place again. I miss having little Laine over to play! She's not so little anymore though. Tell Dean hello for us. Merry Christmas!

Mindful Mothering said...

Looks like a fun time:-)

Jeni Everett said...

I will be there in April. I am trying to figure out how we can stay for at least a week so we can see everyone several times! I was kinda hoping that Joe's BBQ would have a free lunch in our honor since we ate there free last time. We'll see! I will for sure let you know when we are down and be sure to bug you guys!!!

Pepple said...

I promise I am not stalking you! :)I followed your blog from facebook. I loved reading about what your family has been up to and seeing pictures of everyone.

Brandi said...

Hey Adrienne, this is Brandi (Matt's Cousin) Brittney gave me your blog address. The pictures are so cute. It's nice to see your family since we've never gotten together. Next time you guys come up, let us know so we can get together. Anyway, we also have a blog but I need your email address so I can send you an invitation if you want to look at it. Here's my email if you want to send me yours. chetheinz@yahoo.com.

tjayandjulie said...

Looks like fun. Your girls are the cutest!!!!