Saturday, September 20, 2008

"It doesn't hurt to try athlon"

That is what was written on the girl's shirt who was running in front of me...I don't know if I was in total agreement though! A few weeks ago I did the Anthem Sprint Triathlon with some friends from our ward. It was a reverse order triathlon, so we started with the run, bike, then swim. We had a lot of fun, despite the 105 degree temps. Dean was there with the kids and they were all such troopers- and great cheerleaders! Our bike ride was 3 loops of a 4 mile course, and it was fun to see them with their sign yelling and cheering everytime I went by. The swim was in a pool which was kind of hard because it got so crowded- not like swimming all by my lonesome at the gym pool... nothing like getting kicked in the face a few times at the end of a race. Thanks to my ipod and camelback for getting me through the rough spots!

Meadowview ward girls: ready to run!

My cute cheerleaders!

Finished!

6 comments:

Nielsen6 said...

Congratulations!! That is awesome, I'm totally impressed and you even look good while doing it!

Victoria Lemon said...

Hi Adriene,

I saw your blog from another's blog and thought I said hi. That's pretty awesome that you did the triathlon. You're in such good shape already.

Victoria

Mindful Mothering said...

You go Adrienne! I am impressed... it is still on my someday list, if I can ever get my body back to normal:-)

Kristine said...

way to go. i'm so proud of you!! by the way, it was really nice to see you again. take good care of yourelf.

Kathy said...

Yay, Adrienne! That's awesome! And what a hot bod-! I need my bod to be a hot bod....sign:(

Angela said...

Wonder Woman! I'll be calling you to be my personal trainer after I have the baby!