Friday, September 5, 2008

Sedona

We can't take the Heat! I have tried to be strong this summer, but I needed a break from the Phoenix temperatures. So Labor Day weekend we headed up to Sedona to remind ourselves what 70 degrees feels like...wonderful!

We had a lot of fun camping with the kids and some friends from our ward, the Jones and the Jennings. Besides the cool weather, the next best thing was the s'mores...okay, maybe they were tied. I love s'mores, and apparently my kids love them just as much. Saturday we did a beautiful hike in Oak Creek canyon the followed a little river. The kids loved every time we had to cross it, even when they did fall in (which was often). One thing I love about camping is that I am always excited to get out and do it, and at the end I am always just as excited to get back home to a hot shower and warm bed!


3 comments:

Nielsen6 said...

cute pictures! Looks like lots of fun. That carrier Carson is in looks amazing, that boy has got it made.

Kari said...

How fun! We should get out and do that sometime. I agree, fun to go out, but great to shower and get in your own bed.

mimi said...

your trip looked like tons of fun.Carson is getting SO big!! We need to get over there and see him before he starts walking!!!
Kisses to him and Lanie and Autumn.
we love all you guys! mimi